Many people came to rely on the latest and greatest technology in this post-modern world. This includes today's high-tech gadgets that we cannot just imagine life without them; like the cellular phone and the computer. It is quite difficult to give this up as it is already a part of our day to day life. Many of these high-tech gadgets were quite affordable and with growing popularity. I will cover one of the today's most popular high-tech gadgets that were in the market since 2010. It is the Tablet PC or the iPad.
What is a tablet PC?
It is a cross between a notebook PC and a Personal Digital Assistant or PDA. It is in the form of a slate and is a flat-paneled portable personal computer. It is wirelessly connected to the internet and other PCs and intentionally provided in a hand-held form with the power of PCs. Its main feature is its portability that it only weighs 2-3 lbs. A tablet PC can be used by writing directly on the screen with the stylus, then save and print these notes in your own handwriting. It is loaded with a special edition of Windows XP Professional that can run almost all XP compatible applications. This also comes with speech recognition software that allows verbal dictation and vocal program control.
There are two types of the tablet PCs; the convertible tablet that has a detachable keyboard and sports a typical and literal twisting clamshell style and, the pure tablet that is also known as the slate. Tablet PCs measures about 8.5 inches by 12 inches having a colored screen of 10 inches.
How to buy a tablet PC?
If you need to buy a tablet PC to have a share of today's coolest gadgets, here are some tips you need to know before investing your hard earned money:
1. Product Manufacturer- There are lots of tablet PC products out in the market today. One must need to rely on the history of the name of the product manufacturer, name that has been around for years.
2. Operating System- You have to deal with Apple iOS to have access to its apps and games. This operating system runs the iPad and iPad2 as well as the iPhone and iPod Touch. It is a very reliable operating system. Another option is the much more versatile Google Android OS that has a greater multimedia ability. It has a few available apps at the moment but then will improve greatly in the future.
3. Cellular Service or WiFi- You have to choose from the two services that were provided by the many tablet products. It could either be a WiFi or a 2 year cell service provider plan. It is recommended not to catch up with the cellular service or the phone service option. You may be using your tablet as a music player only in the future.
4. User Interface Design and Size- Tablets have different designs and sizes that must be judged by you and choosing one that suits your need. Check the button layouts and look at the screen's resolution, and turn the volume up and down. Tablets also offer 4GB to 64GB of memory storage and choose for the higher one when possible.
5. Cameras & Video- This will be one of the most important features of a tablet PC. Xoom is far more the best in this feature. There is Google Talk for the Honeycomb OS, and it is pre-loaded on the Xoom.
6. Accessories- Take a look at other options for your tablet PC accessories to buy. Many buyers do not seem to consider accessories a guide but the most important one is how to protect your investment. Look for tablet protection accessories.
7. Product Price- This seems to be your judgment in buying your new tablet but it is better to pay more for the features that you need and want. Other tablet feature cannot be added later. Be wise.
Hope this buying guide will help narrow down your choices when shopping for a tablet PC.